Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Discarded Drawers

When we bought our home it came with a little junk laying around, which made me happy:)  Some items that I had hung onto for 7 years were bits and pieces of an old elaborate dresser.  It was from the 40's but had been out in the elements of a shed for at least 30 years.  I salvaged what I could, the carved legs, pediments, drawer fronts and the one piece that was in pretty good condition, a cedar drawer.  The front of the drawer was missing its veneer, but it was sturdy, pretty and smelled good. So I flipped it up and attached the pediment to the top, and a curved carved section to the bottom.  If I didn't already have an enormous amount of storage in my bathroom I would put this above the toilet.



                                                                 

Here are a couple of other drawers I worked on.





                                                                    Keep pickin'
                                                                         Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment